Re: man uses ISO-Latin-1, but the default console font is ASCII

Hello everybody,

Bruce> The "man" program makes ISO-Latin-1 cat files. The default console font
Bruce> is ASCII, and the result is that the continuation hyphen comes out
Bruce> as an inverted exclamation mark under 1.1 . I can have 1.1 set the console
Bruce> font differently, or we can have "man" output ASCII. What should we do?

I'd strongly suggest to use an ISO-Latin1 console font.
Reasons:  i) Compatible with X
         ii) the manpage look nicer.

David
--
David Frey <david@eos.lugs.ch>|Microsoft isn't the answer...it's the QUESTION.
Schlieren, Switzerland        |``No'' is the answer.