man uses ISO-Latin-1, but the default console font is ASCII

The "man" program makes ISO-Latin-1 cat files. The default console font
is ASCII, and the result is that the continuation hyphen comes out
as an inverted exclamation mark under 1.1 . I can have 1.1 set the console
font differently, or we can have "man" output ASCII. What should we do?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.5M domestic, $66M overseas and counting.