Re: __environ & development environment

David Engel writes:
> 1.  Forward compatibility (building with a newer lib and running with
> an older one) is not guaranteed.  Even if it appears to work, are you
> sure you've thoroughly tested everything?

That's right. But that's covered by my text, too.

> 2.  Ld.so will eventually (hopefully in the next month) issue warning
> messages for mismatched ELF libraries just like it does for a.out/DLL.
> Do you want every Debian user to get annoying warning messages every
> time they run programs from your packages?

No, that's true.

> 3.  How is anyone else supposed to be able to rebuild your packages,
> for whatever reason, if you are using a customized development
> environment?

Once again that is covered by my text, too. Anyway, I think we stop
discussing this. I will try to use the standard system where possible.
However, since I already have a shadow binary in one of my packages I have
to use some improvements.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____