Re: Upgrading a package with diversions

Michael Shields writes ("Upgrading a package with diversions"):
> Package: dpkg
> Version: *
>
> I'm having trouble making the maintainer scripts suggested in
> diversions.txt work in all cases.

You need to test the value of "$1" - and iff you're adding diversions
that a previous version didn't have, also "$2".  See the Maintainer
script arguments appendix to the guidelines info document.

I've updated the example to be more complete - see below for a copy of
the updated diversions.text, which will be in dpkg 1.1.5.

I'm closing this bug report.

Ian.

(These messages have been edited to conform to the terminology
eventually decided on, and to make them give better and clearer
examples.)

------- start of digest (2 messages) (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------