Re: Leading underscore in reference label

On Sat, 23 Mar 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

>   Dale> If I understand you correctly, f2c is still an a.out library. I
>   Dale> should be about as easy to rebuild f2c as elf, as to convert the
>   Dale> present libs...yes?
>
> An alternative to f2c is provided by g77 --- a gcc frontend. It probably has
> worse performance than f2c at the moment (see /usr/doc/g77/DOC).
>
> When Joost made g77 available, I asked whether we could align the two f2c
> libs we now have, ie get rid of one. As I understand it, f2c is orphaned
> anyway after Andrew's departure. It would be great if some dyn.lib. savvy
> person could take it up.

Well, I'm probably going to get stuck with it... It's only fair since
octave uses f2c so extensively.
BTW, it doesn't build "out of the box" in ELF, I'm not "dyn.lib savvy"
but I suspect, with some help, that I will become more so from this
*little* project. You will probably hear more from me once I figure out
what is/not going on.

Later,

Dwarf