Re: Leading underscore in reference label

> Sure. The libs with the leading underscores are a.out libraries.
> You are trying to link with ELF libraries. which don't have a leading under
> score in their names. There is a tool to convert the libraries from
> a.out to ELF; HJ Lu has included it in his ELF announcement several times.

This is true, but it's use not recommended.  The reason is that all
a.out libraries were almost certainly built with libc4 and all ELF
libraries were built with libc5 and libraries built with different
libc's should generally not be mixed.  Personally, I question why
H.J. even spent his time on making it possible.

David