Re: Leading underscore in reference label

  Dale> If I understand you correctly, f2c is still an a.out library. I
  Dale> should be about as easy to rebuild f2c as elf, as to convert the
  Dale> present libs...yes?

An alternative to f2c is provided by g77 --- a gcc frontend. It probably has
worse performance than f2c at the moment (see /usr/doc/g77/DOC).

When Joost made g77 available, I asked whether we could align the two f2c
libs we now have, ie get rid of one. As I understand it, f2c is orphaned
anyway after Andrew's departure. It would be great if some dyn.lib. savvy
person could take it up.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd