Re: A working Gnuchess (at last!)

Nikhil Nair writes:

> Note: previous versions, including the one in the stable tree, are so
> severely broken that they are barely worth having at all - as soon as the
> program has to `think for itself' (rather than using its book openings) it
> segfaults.  I therefore suggest that the gnuchess version in the stable tree
> should be removed;

You're right.  I moved the old gnuchess/xboard to /private/project/obsolete
in case any one can convince me to put them back.

> if it is thought worth the effort, I'll recompile this
> version for a.out.

I wouldn't think so...

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert