Re: installation floppies progress

Bruce Perens writes ("installation floppies progress"):
> The "Novice Mode" installation has been removed - I'd rather move in
> the direction of making disk partitioning easier (which is why I am
> working on DiskTool), and the reasons for doing Novice Mode no longer
> obtain (it was an FSF fiat). Removing the novice mode made it easier
> for me to hack/support Ian's old installation script, as it became a
> lot shorter.

Well, I for one have found the `Novice Mode' installation useful on a
couple of occasions.  Having a complete disk to install on doesn't
seem to be as uncommon a situation as you might think.  Initially I
was skeptical, but I'm now more in favour of it.

However, if it's too much work to support then remove it, of course.

Ian.