Re: junk/pine releases

Dale Scheetz writes:

> 1. I thought the default link was to shared libraries. That doesn't seem
> to be the case. I have searched the gcc info pages to no avail. Please
> someone, point me to TFM so I can RTFM and figure out how to link libc5
> as a shared library. (ncurses links properly?)

Do you have a libc.so link in /usr/lib?

> I see no answer to this other than splitting the
> imapd out into a separate binary package.

I would think that this is the most reasonable answer, given that imap
really has more and different functionality than pine needs to act as
an MUA.  Especially since it will not harm config files "automatically"
when the user would not know about this.  And it wouldn't cause another
daemon to be started for no good reason.  Like I have the memory for that ;)

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert