Re: netscape 2.0-1 released

brian white writes ("Re: netscape 2.0-1 released "):
> >The empty lines in the Decription: should have at least a "." on
> >them.
>
> The above was mentioned to me regarding my description of the netscape
> package.  Is this necessary?  I have not included dots on the blank
> lines (well, blank except for a leading space) of any of my previous
> packages and none seem to have caused any problems with me on anyone
> else.

For crying out loud, surely you should read the standards documents
(descriptions.txt in this case) before writing things, let alone
before asking here on the mailing list ?

You *must* include the dots.  I'm not going to say why, so that you
have to go and read it for yourself.

> I tried the Debian web page, but I couldn't get into the documentation
> section.

Try project/standards ?  The packaging Guidelines (which were posted
on debian-devel since their last significant revision) mention the
extra files there, and name descriptions.txt in particular.

Ian.