Re: Netscape

Brian <bcwhite@bnr.ca> writes:

> Who is doing the Netscape package for Debian?
>
> I understand that there have been some problems with getting
> Netscape to allow us to redistribute their software. [...]

If a commercial company is going to make it hard to distribute their
software on free systems, why make it easier?  I think it would be far
better to encourage the distribution and use of a free web browser.
And a good one now exists...

The W3 Consortium has recently made their Arena web browser freely
redistributable.

It is HTML 3.0 compliant, graphical, and free!  Someone with
initiative (and time) should try to set up a Debian package for it.

It's a link or two below http://www.w3.org/

Dan