Re: Netscape

Richard Kaszeta:
: Problems/caveats:
:
: 1. Netscape is hardcoded with some rather annoying paths, and there
: is no good mechanism (yet) to install global Environment variables
: to override these.
:
: 2. Looks for stuff in /usr/local (which I would say would be okay if
: not a debian package)

It shouldn't be very hard to write a program which read from stdin,
wrote to stdout and changed all instances of /usr/local to /usr/broke
(or some analogous same-length string).  I've not tried this with
netscape specifically, but I've used a similar technique to resolve
other instances of hard-coded path conflicts.

--
Raul