Re: MSDOS name conversion

Well, since the package-splitting side of the argument is not
receiving much attention...  :-)

On Thu, 8 Feb 96 01:41 GMT, Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk> said:

> 3. Should we split the packages in the main binary directories too
> (adding complication), or only in the msdos directories (wasting
> disk space) ?

The complication is a one-time problem.  In addition to the benefit of
not wasting disk space, you also pointed out the benefit of better
reliability when ftp'ing over flaky connections.  These are both
long-term benefits.  To me, they outweigh the short-term hassle.  Of
course, I'm not the person implementing this on the ftp sites.  ;-)

--Mike