Re: MSDOS name conversion

I wrote ...
> I've not listed below package names which were shorter than 8
> characters and were left unchanged.

which wasn't true, as you may have noticed.

Is anyone going to give me any more feedback on my three questions,
namely:

1. Is it OK just to change over to using these names, discarding the
old ones, or will this (for example) cause problems for mirrors ?

2. Does anyone have any good knapsack-solving code, or something
similar ?

3. Should we split the packages in the main binary directories too
(adding complication), or only in the msdos directories (wasting disk
space) ?

Ian.