Re: MSDOS name conversion

I wrote ...
> I've not listed below package names which were shorter than 8
> characters and were left unchanged.

which wasn't true, as you may have noticed.

Is anyone going to give me any more feedback on my three questions,

1. Is it OK just to change over to using these names, discarding the
old ones, or will this (for example) cause problems for mirrors ?

2. Does anyone have any good knapsack-solving code, or something
similar ?

3. Should we split the packages in the main binary directories too
(adding complication), or only in the msdos directories (wasting disk
space) ?