Re: auctex & lacheck

James A. Robinson writes:
> > Is there any reason why the lacheck program is part of the auctex package?
> > Lacheck has nothing to do with emacs. I for one use lacheck a lot, but never
> > emacs. In fact on my home machine (with only a small 420MB disk) I do not
> > have emacs installed at all. But I would like to install lacheck as a
> > package. Isn't it better to make two seperate packages?
>
> I haven't really thought about it much -- lacheck comes with auctex (I
> had thought they were the ones who developed it).  I also prefer not
> to split up bundled packages.

But there's also a single lacheck distribution. BTW it doesn't matter if
they bundle it or not. We have to see what's best for our distribution.
There are other bundled packages where two debian packages result from one
source.

IMO we cannot force everyone who likes to use lacheck to install emacs.

What do you think?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Lehrstuhl fuer angewandte Mathematik insb. Informatik