sulogin & boot process

I just found out that out boot script /etc/init.d/boot doesn't work too well
with the shadow password suite. In case of an error message fsck
/etc/init.d/boot tries to call sulogin but sulogin refuse to start because
the parent is not init. Now I wonder what's the correct way to get it going
again:

1) Take the check out of sulogin, or
2) exec sulogin in /etc/init.d/boot?

As for 1) I don't think that idea is really good. I think it's a good idea
that a login program is only usable from init. That way it also doesn't have
to be setuid root. As for 2) there's no way to automatically reboot after
exiting sulogin, or is there?

What shall we do?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Lehrstuhl fuer angewandte Mathematik insb. Informatik