Re: debian-private, master.debian.org, what's all that?

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> > So, could you explain all this?
> >
> > 1) What is master.debian.org?
> >

> A developers-only system. If you aren't a developer, please don't contact it.
> It makes sense for there to be a developers-only computer to help us get our
> jobs done.

Could you explain what "developer" means in this context?

> > 2) What is debian-private?
>
> That's our little private mailing list where the package developers make fun
> of you without your being able to see it :-) .

There is no need for you to get away of your usually courteous answers. I
am disappointed. Could you give me a serious answer? Maybe if all this
was documented somewhere there would be a smaller chance of
misunderstandings like this one.

I can volunteer to write down what I find out and submit it for storage
with the rest of Debian documentation. If no time to write it was the
problem, I can help.

Thank you,
	Fernando Alegre
	alegre@mars.superlink.net