Re: patch and diffs

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

> Why don't you simply download the upstream sources for octave?

I have certainly already done that. That isn't the point. If the .diff
file serves any purpose (and I understood it's purpose was to allow
reconstruction of the upstream sources from the debian source tree) it
should do it reliably. The difference in the various 'techniques' used to
create these files indicate the ambiguity the development community has
toward their use and function.
My earlier post was an attempt to get the group to clearly resolve what
the purpose and scope of the .diff files are, and exactly how these
purposes get implemented.

YHS,

Dwarf