Re: Do we really care how many floppies are in the base?

Bruce wrote:
> Mine has a pre-written boot floppy and requires an unformatted floppy that
> you supply. This will appear in the Debian Catalog when I am ready to take

Think about it yourself, Ian!  If Bruce supplies a single boot floppy
with a network kernel and the needed network programs (which are what,
ifconfig, route, and mount?) on it, we can do NFS without carrying
around floppies.  Am I misinterpreting Bruce?

> Telling the admin to make sure that each of the dozen workstations has
> a CD-ROM drive that probably won't be used for anything else is
> ridiculous.

Geez, you guys have got to relax a bit before you respond.  I was
pointing out that Bruce's CDROM solution is going to be what lots of
places choose.  We're only a 300 student college and _we_ have a NFS
mountable CDROM.

Jim