Re: Downloading from US sites

In article <[🔎] m0tOoy9-00017zC@bora.winnegan.lan> Siggy Brentrup <bsb@uni-muenster.de> writes:

> Some weeks ago I suggested decentralization of ftp.debian.org using
> rdist to keep sites in sync. While the problem has been taken care of
> for uploading, I don't know of a mirror where I can find packages
> freshly uploaded to ftp.debian.org as of yet.

Do you mean the files in the ALPHA-TEST directory or the ones in the
Incoming directory ?

The ALPHA-TEST ones will be available at every major Debian mirror,
but first the discussion around it must come to a result everyone
agrees on.

I could mirror Incoming too, but currently it is hidden below private
at ftp.debian.org and this makes mirroring a bit more difficult.

Would this help you ?

Any thoughts on this ? Any objection against mirroring the Incoming
area ?

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph (sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de); WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/