Re: ncurses available on ftp.pixar.com

On Sun, 10 Dec 1995, roro wrote:
> ncurses-base-1.9.8a-1.deb should have a debian.preinst to kill
> the link etc/terminfo -> ../usr/lib/terminfo provided by base-0.93.6.
> Or it is intended that these fall into /usr/lib/terminfo?

No, it isn't.  They are supposed to be totally disconnected.  Thanks for
pointing this out --- in the course of testing I had of course zapped my
old ncurses a while ago.

-2 should be out soon.

> And how to elegantly get rid of the huge /usr/lib/terminfo database
> w/o installing and purging?

Well, you could first 'dpkg --purge ncurses-runtime'.  I don't know
offhand what all is dependent upon ncurses-runtime at this point.

I realized that both ncurses-base and ncurses-term should conflict with
ncurses-runtime, and that ncursesX.X-dev should conflict with
ncurses-developer.  This _might_ make for some hairy dependency issues,
but I don't think so --- nothing terribly big depends on either of those
right now.

Mike.
--
"I'm a dinosaur.  Somebody's digging my bones."