Re: root disk problems

On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I ran into several problems while testing the root disk.
>
> 3. In the "There was a problem creating the root disk" notification box,
>    it should suggest "Make sure the disk isn't write-protected. The disk
>    must be formatted - an unformatted one won't work. If nothing else helps,
>    try another disk."

Should this even go so far as to say the disk should be a MS-DOS 1.44Mb or
1.2Mb formatted disk?  Well, I think a boot disk will fit on 720Kb, so
that might be okay.  The point being, that if a novice gets this message,
they might question how the disk should be formatted.

Kenny Wickstrom           | gnu - a new generation in s/w devel/support
kenny@kennet.com          | Linux - a much improved Un*x clone
(708)740-4008             | Debian - a Linux distribution setting the
#include <std-disclaimer> |    standard for future distributions