Re: Do we really care how many floppies are in the base?

> On every Unix-System there is a vi. So why should it be missing in the
> Debian GNU/Linux base system?
>
> vi is standard for every Unix, if one likes it or not. It would cause
> much confusion if we release a system that doesn't has this editor in
> the base, but another.

Commercial Unix systems come on either a CD-ROM or a large stack of
floppies, all of which need to be installed.  I don't think that we
need to be this rigid.  Remember: the less stuff in the base system,
the smaller our requirements are for a systme to run Debian.

--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (backup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.

			    Programmer for hire.