Re: Building postgres requires bmake. Should it be a seperate package?

> From: Guy R. Thomas <gthomas@native-ed.bc.ca>
>
> Postgres requires bmake ( Berkeley make ) to understand its Makefiles.
> It comes with the source to bmake and a way of bootstaping from a
> standard makefile. I can do one of three things;
>
> [...]
>
> Any preferences out there?

If there are other packages out there that require bmake, then bmake should
be a separate package.

If postgres is the only package (that we know of) that uses bmake and it
only needs it at compile time, bmake should never become part of the binary
distribution.

The source package should not install bmake in /usr/bin.

Perhaps the contributed programs should be built and distributed as part of
postgres?

--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (backup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.