Re: more Debian 0.91 nitpicks

On Tue, 1 Mar 1994, Robert Sanders wrote:

> Also, the one response to my "please include perl" article wasn't very
> enthusiastic, so perhaps the best way to lobby for perl as a required
> package is to write some fantastic scripts in Perl.  I don't think
> anyone has the spare time to go around rewriting things in C and sh
> (believe me, programming in Perl is MUCH faster than in either of those),
> so maybe that'll make it stick :-)

You must have written this before you got my reply. I vote for perl.
Robert, you might be able to answer this - how much smaller can perl be
if you exclude some things, e.g. dbm, sockets, IPC?

Charlie Brady * (W) charlieb@tplrd.tpl.oz.au * (H) charlieb@budge.apana.org.au
"Make it as simple as possible - | Tel: (02) 413 6838 ____Telectronics__| /\__
  but no simpler"   Einstein, A  | Fax: (02) 413 6060 Pacing Systems    \/