Re: Fwd: boundary between main and contrib

Am Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 08:18:29AM -0600 schrieb bret curtis:

Actually, found time right away…

Here's a review based on commit cd5c5a57fbd5b69fa958f538c3b72f6b257527d3:

d/changelog:
- Please target exeperimental to clear NEW -- to avoid hickups if it
  passes NEW only after the freeze deadline.
  (We will anway need to do a source-only-upload afterwards.)
- As you are the lone prepare of this upload, the
  [ Bret Curtis ]
  in d/changelog is not needed and should be deleted.
- I guess #963710 needs a Closed: #xxx in the changelog.
- (General, please tell in changelog entry why something has changed…
  this makes it easier to understand for th reviewer, because the "what"
  is obvious in the diff, the why not.)
- Not documented changes:
  - Update of SV.
  - Updates of the package descriptions.

d/control:
- The new description for opewm-data has grammar problems.
  (Disclaimer: I'm not a native speaker myself)

  e.g this reads weird:
  should it be "used". Why not keep the old:
  (This will also save the translators work)

  "Without this, OpenMW will complain about running."
  reads strange too. However, this sentence does not add
  any information to the package's purpose (redundant to the first
sentence, IMHO), so probably just delete it?

  - IMHO, OTOH, IIUC, the description of openmw-cs could be underlining
    that it is a openmw content editor, not only a
    [Bethseda] "Replacement of The Elder Scrolls Construction Set"

- (Optional) Please add a debian/* section to d/copyright and add
  yourself. This will help assessing the packaging copyright in years
  from now…
- (Optional) gbp.conf only has commented out lines; probably you want
  that changed and e.g enable pristine-tar and signed-tags.

- (For later) It looks like that d/rules could benefit from an overhaul
  using debhelper

Only small changes required :) Let me know when ready or if you disagree
on something.

(Disclaimer: It is still building, but I don't expect to face a FTBFS)

--
tobi