Re: boundary between main and contrib

Am Montag, den 11.01.2021, 16:02 +0100 schrieb bret curtis:
[...]
> I have the same interest in seeing OpenMW enter into main and away
> from contrib.  While upstream is busy making their own 'game' that can be
> used to demonstrate OpenMW's capabilities, they also provide OpenMW-CS
> which is a full blown editor that anyone can use to create their own games
> for OpenMW. Would the inclusion of the editor warrant the bump to main?

In my opinion, if an editor exists, which is free software and compatible with
Debian main, then the engine should be in Debian main too.

OpenMW should be definitely in Debian main, if such an editor exists. In the
past we had some controversial discussions about the inclusion of a free game
engine and non-free game content. The consensus was: If a free game engine is
only useful with non-free game content, then it should be in Debian contrib.
Otherwise it should be in Debian main.

Regards,

Markus