Re: Please sponsor Galois 0.7 (in a few days)

Hi Gerardo,

Am 24.08.20 um 20:20 schrieb Gerardo Ballabio:
> Hello,
> I'm about to release a new version of my program Galois (planned date
> is saturday). I'd like to also update the Debian package at the same
> time. I'm already building it and will upload as soon as I've done the
> upstream release -- then I'll need your sponsoring.

Thanks for updating galois.

> This is to check that I'm doing everything correctly, as this is the
> first time that I'm updating an existing package (the previous version
> was my first package at all):
>
> - downloaded the most recent version of the debian/ directory from Salsa
> - upgraded Standards-Version to 4.5.0 (recommended by Lintian)
> - updated copyright file (added year 2020 where needed)
> - added this to changelog:
> -----------
> galois (0.7-1) unstable; urgency=medium
>
>   * New upstream release
>   * Bump Standards-Version from 4.2.1 to 4.5.0
>
>  -- Gerardo Ballabio <gerardo.ballabio@gmail.com>  Sun, 23 Aug 2020
> 18:24:00 +0200
> ------------
> - built the package like I did the other time (pdebuild + pbuilder
> build + debsign)
> - I'm going to upload the package to mentors via dput like I did the other time

In general this seems to be correct. You could also clone the existing
Git repository salsa.debian.org and import the new upstream release on
the upstream branch. Any Debian related changes should be made on
master. I don't want to confuse you with too many details but if you
like to work with Git then "git-buildpackage" is a fine tool to build
Debian packages from Git directly.

> I guess I should also update the repository at Salsa. If so you'll
> have to grant me write access. I've just tried to register an account
> but had a problem, written to salsa-admin, waiting for answer.
> Meanwhile is there any specific git usage policy of Games Team?

If you have created a new account, please request membership for the
games-team or send me your email address which you have used to
register, then I can invite you and grant you write access.

Regards,

Markus