Re: [ANN] Preliminary debian source package of fortune-mod-2.14.0

Update:

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:12:06 +0200
Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org> wrote:

> Hi Juhani,
>
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 09:30:41 +0200
> Juhani Numminen <juhaninumminen0@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Shlomi Fish kirjoitti 23.2.2020 klo 19.38:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > see https://salsa.debian.org/shlomif-guest/fortune-mod which packages
> > > https://github.com/shlomif/fortune-mod of which I am the upstream.
> > >
> > > Currently the git history is a mess and lintian is unhappy, but the
> > > package finally builds using gbp!
> > >
> > > Merge requests and comments are welcome.
> > >

> > Do you want to become the maintainer of this package in Debian? If so,
> > you may want to follow the guide for package salvaging.
> > https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging
> >

> I may have to resort to becoming its maintainer. So I'll take a look at your
> link.
>
> > There are some patches in the bug tracker:
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888961#10
> > However, patch 0001 removes "Provides: fortune" which I would like to
> > keep. It makes "apt install fortune" work as opposed to being forced to
> > ask "apt install fortune-mod".
> >

> Thanks! I'll take a look.

I incorporated patches 0002 and 0004 from there and also eliminated as many
lintian errors and warnings as possible (one remains about the "while" shell
builtin not being packaged - heh).

See:

https://salsa.debian.org/shlomif-guest/fortune-mod

The git master's history is now even messier.

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Optimising Code for Speed - https://shlom.in/optimise

Question: What is the difference between Chuck Norris and God?
Answer: Chuck Norris knows he isn’t God.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/