Re: Help needed with a script generating a .deb (Done. Now what?)

Hi,

I'm reading that list *extremely* rarely but sometimes I'm stumbling
upon this folder.  Thus my very late anser.  But since nobody guided
you kindly into this I feel the need to help a newcomer.

At first:  Please create a login on salsa.debian.org and ask for
becoming a member of the games team.  This will enable you to maintain
the packaging inside this team which *usually* should bring helping
hands for packaging.

Sorry, but I have not checked your scripts but just some remarks:
There is no need to write "download source script".  You just create
a debian/watch file and uscan does the job for you.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 08:31:34PM +0200, dettus wrote:
> There are two Warnings left
>
> W: dmagnetic: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
> W: dmagnetic: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/dmagnetic/LICENSE.txt
>
> If you do not mind, I would like to keep them.

Why don't you simply remove the article from the short description
of the package.  You should also not keep LICENSE.txt.  All
information should be kept in debian/copyright.

> Now that I am able to
> create packages.... What do I do with them?

You need a Debian Maintainer who will sponsor your package.
Since Debian Games is a Debian Pure Blend you might like to profit
from my offer at

    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

Hope this helps, Andreas.

--