>From what I can tell, it's an XML file to share meta data in a platform
independent way.

I'll search for an example so that I can better understand it.
Any recommendations?

Having tons of fun so far!

Thanks,

On Wed, 3/6/19, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Please sponsor my game bug=923180
 To: debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org
 Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 6:56 AM

 at 11:13:34PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
 > > Hello Pedro,
 >

 > > Am 05.03.19 um 15:14 schrieb
 Pedro Pena:
 > > > Hello Markus,
 > […]
 also have an issue with the deb helper version. When I
 change to a
 > > > version higher
 than 10, debuild creates fatal errors.

 > > dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build
 dependencies: debhelper (>=

 > 11)
 > > >
 > > > Is it o.k. to leave it as 10 for
 now?

 You can even use debhelper 12 in Debian unstable. It works
 for me just
 > > fine. It is
 recommended to use an up-to-date Debian unstable/sid
 > > system for development because older
 versions or derivatives like

 Ubuntu don't provide all the features you need. Compat
 level 11 or 12
 > > are not available
 in Debian 9.

 couple of notes on this:

 > • Don't need to migrate your system
 to unstable: just use a sid chroot

 and cowbuilder/pbuilder to build the packages.

 > • Seems that
 jumping to 12 is not recommended at this point:
 >   https://nthykier.wordpress.com/2019/01/04/debhelper-compat-12-is-now-released/

 FWIW, I've bumped the
 debhelper compat level to 12 on all of my packages
 and so far I have not seen any problems.  I
 think the sentence that you
 refer to is
 meant more as a strongly-worded warning mostly so that
 people will notice it, so that the authors are
 satisifed that they have
 made people aware
 of the fact that moving to compat level 12 *might*, in
 theory, expose some bugs in debhelper.  I do
 not think the debhelper
 maintainers actually
 *believe* that there are any serious bugs in
 the handling of compat level 12, this is more
 of disclaiming
 resposibility or
 something.

 I think that for
 new packages going straight to compat level 12 (with
 the debhelper-compat (= 12) shorthand; this
 even works for 11) should be
 fine, provided
 the package maintainer looks carefully through the build
 log and through the contents of the built
 binary packages.  In addition,
 diffoscope
 (from the reproducible builds folks) is a great tool that
 can
 really help with that - build a package
 with your current debian/*
 files, stash it
 in a directory, change the compat level, build a new
 package, run diffoscope on the *source.changes
 or the *.changes file.

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --