 Subject: Re: Please sponsor my game bug=923180
 To: "Pedro Pena" <qbancoffee@yahoo.com>
 Cc: debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org, 923180@bugs.debian.org
 Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 5:13 PM

 Hello Pedro,

 Am 05.03.19 um 15:14 schrieb Pedro Pena:
 > Hello Markus,
 >
 > I have been able to remove the majority of
 the warnings that appear.
 > Unfortunately
 I can not seem to get lintian to show me the same errors
 > locally. I have to upload to
 mentors.debian.net to see the warnings.

 > I thought that this might be due to a
 version difference with lintian
 > in
 Ubuntu 16.04 so I installed debian 9.8.0 on a virtual
 machine
 > in the hopes that that might
 makes things a little easier but the results
 > were the same.
 >
 > I also have an issue with the deb helper
 version. When I change to a version

 higher than 10, debuild creates fatal errors.
 > dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build
 dependencies: debhelper (>= 11)

 > Is it o.k. to leave it as 10 for now?

 You can even use debhelper 12
 in Debian unstable. It works for me just
 fine. It is recommended to use an up-to-date
 Debian unstable/sid system
 for development
 because older versions or derivatives like Ubuntu
 don't
 provide all the features you need.
 Compat level 11 or 12 are not
 available in
 Debian 9.

 The package looks
 much better now and I could play the game for the
 first time.

 =
 copyright =

 Please note
 that NC (= non commercial) licenses are not approved and
 you
 must replace the content if you want to
 include infinitetux in Debian.

 Is there really a specific OpenGameArt license?
 The OGA-BY-3.0 looks
 similar to
 CC-BY-3.0.

 = changelog =

 The initial changelog should
 contain just one paragraph.

 infinitetux (1.1) unstable; urgency=medium

   * Initial release. (Closes:
 #923180)

  -- qbancoffee
 <qbancoffee@yahoo.com>
 Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:31:26 +0000

 You can update the changelog
 timestamp by running dch -r.

 = wrap-and-sort =

 There is nice tool called wrap-and-sort in the
 devscripts package. As
 the name implies it
 tidies your debian directory.

 wrap-and-sort -sa

 will also remove trailing whitespace (which is
 currently present in
 d/copyright

 = control =

 The short description should
 be

 platformer game inspired by Infinite Mario

 Here goes the long description.

 Currently the long description is
 incomplete.

 You duplicate
 the Homepage field.

 Section
 should be games not X11.

 desktop.file:

 [Desktop Entry]
 Comment=Infinite Tux.
 Terminal=false
 Name=Infinite
 Tux.
 Exec=/usr/bin/infinitetux
 Type=Application
 Icon=/usr/share/doc/infinitetux/icon.png
 NoDisplay=false
 Categories=Game

 The Comment should be different than the Name.
 I would change it to

 [Desktop Entry]
 Type=Application
 Terminal=false
 StartupNotify=false
 Categories=Game;ArcadeGame;
 Keywords=game;arcade;platform;
 Icon=infinitetux
 Exec=infinitetux
 Name=Infinitetux
 Comment=2D
 platformer game inspired by Infinite Mario

 There is no need for absolute
 paths and you should install the icon into
 the hicolor icon directory
 /usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps where
 it will be detected automatically.

 Bonus points if you create an
 appstream file as upstream too and install
 it into /usr/share/metainfo

 You can remove all maven.* files and
 infinitetux.poms because you don't
 use
 Maven to build the package.

 There is still one Lintian warning:

 manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry

 If you want to see all
 warnings including the experimental ones, then I
 suggest to use

 info=yes
 display-info=yes
 display-experimental=yes