Re: Please sponsor my game bug=923180

Hi Markus,

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 11:13:34PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hello Pedro,
>
> Am 05.03.19 um 15:14 schrieb Pedro Pena:
> > Hello Markus,
[…]
> > I also have an issue with the deb helper version. When I change to a
> > version higher than 10, debuild creates fatal errors.
> > dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>=
> > 11)
> >
> > Is it o.k. to leave it as 10 for now?
>
> You can even use debhelper 12 in Debian unstable. It works for me just
> fine. It is recommended to use an up-to-date Debian unstable/sid
> system for development because older versions or derivatives like
> Ubuntu don't provide all the features you need. Compat level 11 or 12
> are not available in Debian 9.

A couple of notes on this:

• Don't need to migrate your system to unstable: just use a sid chroot
  and cowbuilder/pbuilder to build the packages.

• Seems that jumping to 12 is not recommended at this point:
  https://nthykier.wordpress.com/2019/01/04/debhelper-compat-12-is-now-released/

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones