Re: Synaptic screenshot for Debian Stretch

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Phil Morrell wrote:

> Perfect, thank you for taking the time to explain how it all links
> together - I had somehow overlooked the +b1 versions when I looked at
> that list, even when I was explicitly seeking them! Interestingly even
> for sid, the screenshot chosen for highlight there is also the old
> one, which is the same as synaptic, so the screenshot version mismatch
> is probably only a temporary issue.

Hmm, the packages.d.o site is requesting non-binNMU versions. If I add
+b1 to the thumbnail URL then I get a different screenshot.

I think there are two bugs here; packages.d.o (and possibly synaptic)
passing the source package version instead of the binary package
version and also screenshots.d.n not choosing nearby binNMU versions.

Possibly screenshots.d.n should also have some sort of version
distance heuristic based on the version graph that the BTS knows
about.

Could you check what synaptic is doing and file bugs about the issues?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise