Re: Trigger Rally: Update to SDL2 library ok?

On 02/11/16 21:11, Onsemeliot wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-11-02 at 20:03 +0000, James Cowgill wrote:
>> As long as all the bugs are ironed out and you make a release by
>> mid-Decemberish, you should be OK. Obviously releasing earlier would
>> make it easier for Debian :)
>
> Thank you for the fast reply, James. This is new to me. The last info I
> can remember was that end of December would be plenty of time. But if an
> earlier release would be better we can still change our plan ...

The end of December is probably fine as well. Try not to aim for
January. The variable factor is how long it takes to package and upload
it. In theory, you could get away with releasing mid-January but that
would be cutting it very fine and requires the packaging to be done very
quickly.

The hard freeze is on the 5th February. You need 10 days for the package
to migrate to testing and I would say at least 10 days to handle any
unforeseen RC bugs in the new version. This gives the 15th January as
the last day you can upload something and be "comfortable" it will get
into the next release.

James