Trigger Rally: Update to SDL2 library ok?

Hi Debian games team,

a few weeks ago we agreed on doing a final new release of Trigger Rally
before the Debian freeze date in December. Originally we planed to just
add new levels, sprites and maybe cars. Now my colleague asked if it
would be a problem to update the code for using the newer SDL2 (instead
of SDL 1.2).

Please give feedback if this would be a problem for getting everything
done in time to include the most recent version of the game into Debain
Stretch?:

https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/discussion/527953/thread/556bbcea/

In an other thread we discuss the switch from TinyXML-1 to TinyXML-2. I
hope this isn't a problem either:

https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/discussion/527953/thread/31cc9358/

Thank you very much for your help,
Onsemeliot