Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On 05/04/2015 05:45 PM, Miriam Ruiz wrote:

>> Also she seems mostly ignoring input from people that don't see
>> the problem in the game. Also it appears that the game is
>> targeting kids
>
> Just for the record (and it's the only time I'll be answering to
> that), I'm certainly ignoring mails with an aggressive tone and
> those that I perceive to be trolling. I plan to continue doing so.
> I don't have the intention to engage in a flame with people who
> write in such a tone, and I have every right to do so.
>
> Greetings, Miry

Yeah, and you accept and respond well to those who didn't try the game
but made a series of false statements.

> not include sexualized girls in bikini where they don't belong

So girls in bikini are now sexualized. We must send notice to parents
not to dress their kids in bikini if they are going to beach.

You also for the record didn't try the game but got all into
discussion and as I see, you don't take into account points made by
others why this is wrong.

This kind of discussion can only be in Debian, as other distros would
certainly not try to fix what is not broken, but somehow in our
community few like to create problem where there is no problem. Some
parents said that the game is ok to them, Supertuxkart developers are
nice people (I had last year chat with female supertuxkart developer
while debugging the game issue and she was very pleasant) but somehow
the guy that started this discussion came to Debian - why didn't he go
to Fedora or Ubuntu too, and why are we discussing a thing as upstream
is so hostile that nobody can talk to them.

Anyway, I am tired of this dark age attitude without no reason and if
we make supertuxkart a racist and sexist thing - then we should all
stop for moment and try to picture our community as this kind of
behavior happened in history, nothing came good out of it. Over and
out for this subject - I have reasons and stated things why is this
bad idea and if I was maintainer of the package I would reject such
patch and point them to upstream as there it should be fixed (if there
truly is something to fix regarding this zealot views) and AFAICT
upstream is very polite and I think they will accept patches.

Cheers,

zlatan
- --
Its not the COST, its the VALUE