Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On 05/03/2015 03:44 PM, Dominik George wrote:

I am not intending to make fun of anyone, I am jsut exaggerating what
this all looks like to someone who is not deeply into feminism.

I would contend that in a truly non-sexiest world, there would be no feminism. That is the goal, that is the prize. But, in the near foreseeable future, females will continue to give birth to babies. Men will still stand by helplessly as women give birth. Ergo, there is an imbalance between the sexes. And that part seems to tilt in the favor of women. So, to reach compromise, in a mentally healthful way, it would be better if we all value relationships as much as our own goals, irregardless of sexual orientation.

If this discussion/decision is left solely to Debian Women, where is the compromising for the rest of us going to happen? I think they will agree that it would be sexiest to do so, to the very extreme, to disallow ALL voices.

Nik, I don't go for feminism either, when simple "humanism" will solve the non-communication mess between the sexes AND races. That is the hope, that is the prize. "Share your toys and don't hit another" is not bad advice to start with. I perceive that this entire discussion started with someone coming out swinging.

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html