Re: Issues with SuperTuxKart 0.9

On Sun, 3 May 2015 00:54:52 Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> I was thinking about someting like "Please acknowledge that since
> version 0.9 the game includes the depiction of women in bikini for no
> other reason than visual gratification.", or something along those
> lines.

So the idea is to label everything with disclaimers like "this cup of coffee
may be hot", right? Or mention in the description whether game features a
female character like if something were wrong with it?

How about reality check? Last time I've been to the beach there were many kids
and bikinis and women being there for no apparent reason.
Somehow I did not get impression that there were many women "showing off" but
probably that's because I wouldn't be able to recognise sexism when I see it.
Actually maybe there were few mild cases of "showing off" but nobody
complained about it.

On the beach or nearby I haven't notice any warnings about women. If such
warnings were real wouldn't they be sexist?
Presumably reality is more important than game so if there is no need for such
warnings in real life why bother adding disclaimer to game description?

Sorry but I think such addition to package description would not be useful.

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed
in doing what is necessary.
        -- Winston Churchill