Re: jumpnbump

Hi Tobias,

Am Sonntag, den 21.09.2014, 11:34 +0200 schrieb Tobias Frost:
> Its great that you take care of this package! So many thanks for your
> contribution.

Thank you for sponsoring that upload!

> -> d/FAQ need some overhaul, as http://jumpbump.mine.nu/ seems gone.

I even considered removing it entirely. IMHO it does not contain any
valuable information at all.

> -> You might want to check
> http://web.archive.org/web/20080223114414/http://www.jumpbump.mine.nu/port/
> .. it has a 1.55 tar.gz. (Maybe it makes sense to diff this source if
> there is something useful in it... ; I didnt check contents)

Oh, that's interesting. I'll definitely diff through this!

> -> you should send your patches upstream and document that in the dep3
> headers.

That's not as easy as it sounds, as upstream is "dead" for about 10
years now. But there is a repo on github by one of the original authors
and I already issued a pull request there. If this ever gets accepted,
I'll request to pull all the other patches as well.

> -> in d/copyright, please remove the trailing "," after the years.
> (Its not actually wrong, but I think a "," implies that there is
> something to follow; if you disagree, you can keep the comma.)

Let's not discuss personal taste/style questions here, I think both ways
are equally correct and valid.

> -> Please consider also to maintain jumpnbump-levels; It could have use
> of some modernization and has currently no uploader ... (I'll sponsor
> that too)

Sure, I'll take this into consideration. But currently, I don't see
anything that's wrong with this package - apart from "hasn't seen any
activity in the last 5 years". But I don't think we should re-upload it
with merely cosmetic changes just for the sake of it.

Cheers,

Fabian