Re: Unteralterbach

        Hi!

 I only want to add a single message to this whole situation:

* Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org> [2014-03-13 00:46:45 CET]:
> (Nils said he was subscribed, so there's no need to Cc him.)
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 08:16:55PM +0100, Mateusz Jończyk wrote:
> > No, Debian should not in distribute the illegal scenes at all neither suggest them.
> > That would make the distribution much more risky.
>
> I tend to agree with that.  If Nils really wants this, however, I'll
> leave the decision about this to ftpmasters.  (By asking them directly,
> of course, not by trying to sneak this past them.)  No need to discuss
> this on the list; we'll work it out, and, I'll speak for myself, I'll
> try hard to make sure nobody is surprised if the package enters Debian
> (but I'm also pretty sure not everybody will be happy, judging by the
> discussion.)

 Given the fuzz this all already produced, and by the extremely sensible
mail that Russ wrote, let me quote him here:

,---------------------------> Russ Allbery <---------------------------
| I think it would be great to have other packages of the same software type
| but with different content in Debian.  Just not this particular content
| profile, which should be handled by people who know what they're getting
| into, can focus on this specific type of collision between free speech and
| other social issues, and don't have other goals that would be put at risk
| by getting into the middle of this fight.
`---------------------------> Russ Allbery <---------------------------

 To make sure that all involved people who want to pursue with execising
their right to free speech are deciding this for themself I would ask to
NOT have this packaged under the Games Team umbrella.  Doing so would
mean to decide for all the Games Team members that they "know what
they're getting into, can focus on this specific type of collision
between free speech and other social issues, and don't have other goals
that would be put at risk by getting into the middle of this fight."

 I personally do not have the impression that everyone involved with the
Games Team are able to focus on that, either simply not willing for
whatever reason, or don't have the strength to carry it through.  I know
for myself that I do not want to be attached to it, and I guess others
might have similar feelings.  Please respect this and do not do this
under the Games Team umbrella.

 Thanks,
Rhonda