Re: Should sauerbraten-wake6 be part of main?

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 02:18:51PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> I would drop the file and replace it with a transparent png or
> placeholder png, if this is really the only reason why Naev can't be
> packaged for main.

FWIW we did something very similar for prboom (prior to being replaced
by prboom-plus). Prboom included some data lumps derived from Id
Software's commercial Doom game - specifically, graphic lumps
representing menu text. In practise almost nobody cares that this is
technically a copyright violation - certainly not the copyright holder.
But for Debian we nontheless replaced those graphics with ones generated
by imagemagick at build time. This might sound masochistic, but I quite
enjoyed the technical challenge.