Barbie Seahorse Adventures

Hi,

as I suggested in one of my last mails, I had a look at Fedora's games
portfolio [1] [2] [3] and wanted to find out whether there are some good
games missing in Debian. For starters I found "Barbie Seahorse
Adventures" [4] and I intend to package the game for Debian.

Seahorse-Adventures is a retro-like platform game written in Python and
it looks very charming with its fitting oldschool sounds and graphics.
It is also suitable for children.

I am only concerned about two things.

1. The name

Fedora uses seahorse-adventures for the source and binary package and I
think that's ok. However I can imagine someone doesn't like the
resemblance to GNOME's seahorse application.

Shall i stick to "seahorse-adventure" or is "barbie-seahorse" a more
appropriate name for the game? "barbie-seahorse-adventures" seems being
too long and only "barbie", hmm, i'm not sure.

2. The font

My second concern is the embedded 04B_20__.TTF font wich is officially
availabe from this website. [5] The font is accompanied by an about.gif
file which indicates that the font was granted to the public domain,
"You may use them as you like".

However the font's Japanese about page clearly states that commercial
use is not permitted thus i intend to replace the font. [6]

Feedback on both issues is most welcome.

Hans, since I know that you follow this list, allow me to ask you some
questions about Fedora that might be interesting for others here, too.

Does Fedora provide some kind of overview for all packaged games on its
official website or do I have to install Fedora to generate a list for
myself? I'm asking because i can't find a complete list of games and the
package database does not let me filter for games. [7]

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games