Re: M.A.R.S. (was Re: Barbie Seahorse Adventures)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: M.A.R.S. (was Re: Barbie Seahorse Adventures)
- From: Hans de Goede <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:50:36 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 524BDE5C.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAKTje6G-QtkRApuukB0ovupRFVfHtLB4WBT4xhuidXYNMrTb-A@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <51DFF2D3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <51F6B746.email@example.com> <51F8D249.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKTje6EwGfZx3fXUHu1HF255K4X8fJSMedG+N4NA-1v1mBLiOg@mail.gmail.com> <51F8DCE4.email@example.com> <523DB0B8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKTje6G-QtkRApuukB0ovupRFVfHtLB4WBT4xhuidXYNMrTb-A@mail.gmail.com>
On 09/22/2013 12:43 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
I've started a fork of M.A.R.S. to make it DFSG free / match Fedora's
Do you plan to get that merged upstream?
Yes, assuming that upstream is willing to take the changes. Given that
I've just got a relicense permission for the music, which replacement
would have been the most controversial bit, I think that selling this
upstream should work out fine.
My plan for now is:
1) First finish some other day-job related stuff, sorry but this is
on the back burner for now.
2) Finish things in git so that I can use it as a basis for Fedora
packages, without needing any patches on top (other then a config file
patch for using system fonts which will be distro specific)
3) Build a Fedora package (locally), to prove 2. is really complete
4) Send a pull-request upstream