Re: M.A.R.S. (was Re: Barbie Seahorse Adventures)

Hi,

On 09/22/2013 12:43 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:

I've started a fork of M.A.R.S. to make it DFSG free / match Fedora's
licensing guidelines.

Do you plan to get that merged upstream?

Yes, assuming that upstream is willing to take the changes. Given that
I've just got a relicense permission for the music, which replacement
would have been the most controversial bit, I think that selling this
upstream should work out fine.

My plan for now is:
1) First finish some other day-job related stuff, sorry but this is
   on the back burner for now.
2) Finish things in git so that I can use it as a basis for Fedora
   packages, without needing any patches on top (other then a config file
   patch for using system fonts which will be distro specific)
3) Build a Fedora package (locally), to prove 2. is really complete
4) Send a pull-request upstream

Regards,

Hans