Re: plans for doom packages

On 06/19/2013 06:13 PM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
Hi, I just thought I'd update the team with the latest on plans for
the Doom packages.

i would like to propose a modification in the way game-data-packager,
and others, call the game engines.

right now, data packages call prboom (mostly) with parameters,
i would like to change that so data packages call an executable named
after the engine (doom, doom2, etc). that executable would be managed through alternatives
system.

for that change, i've done some work on game-data-packager (is not
finished yet), i'm willing to do the same for deng if needed
vavoom is ready too

I'm happy - and planning - to continue to sponsor uploads of all of
the above.

cool