Re: Vote on NMU/commiting guidelines

Am 23.08.2012 04:26, schrieb Paul Wise:
> I would like to break down the strong-maintainership culture that we
> currently have in Debian and this proposal seems to go the opposite
> way.
>
> I prefer a 'just do it' approach. We barely have enough humanpower to
> keep up with our packages and any barriers to increasing that are bad.
> Also 'just do it' is how the team has been organised up to now. If we
> are adding all DDs to the team, they should be free to 'just do it' as
> any person on the team should be.

I thought the proposal goes into the the oppsite direction. If there are
no team guidelines, the normal NMU rules apply for non team members: you
don't upgrade to new upstream versions, don't change the packaging to
use dh, wait weeks for a response from the maintainers before salvaging.
If that's not the case, that's nice, but we have to tell that to new
people. So I hope that the guidelines encourage new members to 'just do
it' (and drop a line, but does that hurt?)
So, you want to vote for C?