new xlife, pls help

Good morning! :-)

I am Debian Linux user and the current developer of xlife project.  I used Debian xlife-5.0.8 as the base for my work.  The current version of xlife is 6.5.3 <http://litwr2.atspace.eu/xlife.html> -- it supports all the features of xlife-5.3 <http://openports.se/games/xlife>.  I've contacted with former developers of xlife Achim Flammenkamp and Eric S. Raimond.  They gave me their approvals <http://www.catb.org/esr/software.html>.  Eric S. Raimond said that he has plan for further development of xlife.  He has unpublished versions 5.4 and 5.5 of xlife.

I could read at <http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xlife.html> that xlife is removed from Debian since 2009.  This page has a note "the package is going to disappear unless someone takes it over and reintroduces it into unstable".  My work had started with Debian sources so I feel a desire to reintroduce this famous program.  However I am not skilled as Debian maintainer and need some kind of algorithm of such reintroduction.