Re: RFS: cows-and-bulls - Words-based cows and bulls guessing game

Hello Guruprasad,

/usr/share/dict/words is actually a symlink to a certain dictionary file within the same directory (mine symlinks to "american-english"), and that file is provided by the package "dictionary-common". I think it somehow gets linked to american-english upon configuration of either "dictionary-common" or "wamerican".

So, I suggest you use "dictionary-common" instead of "wamerican".

Sincerely,
Aditya Vaidya

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Guruprasad <lgp171188@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for taking time to review the package.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Emmanuel Kasper <emmanuel@libera.cc> wrote:
> Am 2012-07-26 20:20, schrieb Guruprasad:
> Hello Guruprasad
> I had a look at you package and I have you hard coded
> #define DICT_FILE_NAME "/usr/share/dict/words" in cows_and_bulls.h,
> shouldn't that need a depency to the package providing that file ?

The package 'wamerican' provides the /usr/share/dict/words file.
Listing that as a dependency is a must and I missed doing that. Also
the same package was reviewed in debian-mentors list and a few
issues/bug were found out. So I am in the process of fixing them and
making this game bug-free.

> It is great to see your effort to get your package integrated in Debian, but
> as you said we are are busy stabilizing squeeze, and we already have a gtk
> cows and bulls game in the archive (4digits)

The 4digits package installs a game that implements a version of the
game involving numbers, this uses words instead of numbers.

Once I have fixed the issues in the package, I will bring it up for
review here again. I know that new packages are not accept during
freeze, but the intent of creating this package and uploading it to
debian mentors for review is to get valuable feedback on the package
so that it can be ready for the release after Squeeze.

Thanks again.

Thanks & Regards,
Guruprasad