Re: can somebody package libalfont ?

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:

> I would not say that, Allegro 4 is still actively maintained upstream, and
> there are tons of applications written for Allegro 4, while there are very
> few if any using Allegro 5.

The same situation exists with GTK+ 2/3 and Qt 3/4/5, we should still
advocate people write new applications with GTK+ 3 (not 2) and Qt 4/5
(not 2/3) and advocate porting existing software to GTK+ 3 and Qt 5. I
would think the same applies to Allegro, unless for some reason
Allegro 5 is worse. AFAICT, having more stuff like font rendering
built-in just makes it a better and more useful framework for game
developers.

--
bye,
pabs